Few things about today:
1. Miami Dolphins DE Dion Jordan has been suspended for the entire year for violating the league’s policy on substance abuse…again. Jordan was a top five pick a few drafts ago and could be out of the league in less than a few years now.
2. The New York Jets were fined $100,000 for tampering. So most of you looking at this are probably laughing because $100,000 is nothing to the Jets, and you’re right. The story is funny too though. Back in December 2014, Jets owner Woody Johnson said that he would love for Revis to come back to New York. Now you’re likely thinking, big whoop, but Revis was in a contract year and still playing for the New England Patriots, so this is considered tampering. At the time, no charge was pressed by the Pats. During this year’s NFL Owners Meeting, however, Pats owner Robert Kraft said that he wished Revis was still on his team now that he is on the Jets. The Jets then charged the Pats with tampering regarding this comment, so the Pats charged the Jets with tampering on Woody Johnson’s comment back in December. The league reviewed the whole thing and decided that the Jets were at fault and the Pats were not, so the Jets got fined. WOW!
3. Deep breaths…I know that was a lot of words…OK…ONWARD!
4. The Houston Texans placed S D.J. Swearinger on the trade block. Swearinger was drafted by the Texans in the second round two drafts ago, but hasn’t been great and the Texans are apparently impatient. They might be doing this to pick up S Landon Collins (Alabama) in the draft.
5. The Houston Texans made another move by acquiring RB Chris Polk via free agency. Polk spent the past three years with the Philadelphia Eagles before hitting the free agent market.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, have a pleasant tomorrow.