Mostly draft news, as is to be expected with the draft tomorrow. SO AWESOME!
1. OL La’el Collins (LSU) left the draft to meet with Louisiana authorities regarding a recent murder in Louisiana. Collins is not a suspect but did know the victim. This probably won’t hurt his draft stock because he isn’t a suspect, but you never know in the NFL. He could turn out to be Aaron Hernandez, though I very much hope not.
2. DB Brandon Boykin and LB Mychal Kendricks are on the trading block in Philadelphia. This comes as no surprise as neither one of the players are former Oregon Ducks and Chip Kelly is at the helm for the Eagles.
3. The Miami Dolphins will pick up the fifth-year option on the contract of QB Ryan Tannehill. Tannehill was the 10th overall pick in the draft a few years ago and has been average starting for the ‘Fins since his arrival.
4. The Arizona Cardinals will pick up the fifth-year option on the contract of WR Michael Floyd. This comes as no surprise as Floyd will be the number one WR when Larry Fitzgerald leaves within the next few years, assuming the Cards don’t let him leave in free agency.
5. Chicago Bears TE Martellus Bennett has been placed on the trading block. This actually REALLY surprised me because Bennett has been doing a good job for the Bears and the Bears have already lost WR Brandon Marshall this offseason. I wouldn’t be totally opposed to him going back to the New York Giants after his one season with the Giants a few years ago. I do like TE Larry Donnell now though, so it doesn’t really matter. Whoever does trade for him (there are a LOT of teams that should) will be getting a good player for sure.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, have a pleasant tomorrow. P.S.: I will be traveling tomorrow night so I might not get a ‘Day in Review’ in for tomorrow. If that is the case, I apologize in advance and enjoy the draft.