Today was INCREDIBLY tragic for Jacksonville Jaguars fans, but then, I guess every day is:
1. Today was tragic for the Jags because the Jags’ first round pick this year at #3 overall, Dante Fowler Jr., tore his ACL in his very first practice as a Jaguar and will be out for the season. Jaguars fans, I would like to offer my sincere apology. I will not pretend to know how you feel because the Giants always have something good to cling to, while the Jags clearly don’t. Even when you finally get a good player, you lose him. Jaguars fans…I’m sorry.
2. DE Leonard Williams has officially signed his contract with the New York Jets. Williams was the 6th overall pick in this year’s draft.
3. LB Randy Gregory of the Dallas Cowboys had to leave the ‘Boys’ rookie minicamp today due to heat exhaustion. The ‘Boys are actually starting to become as bad as the Jags with everything that has been going on for them, but unlike the Jags, the ‘Boys don’t have me feeling sorry for them. In fact, the Cowboys would shock me if they even made the playoffs this year. Sorry Romo, if you make the Super Bowl then I will have to quit being a sports blogger.
4. Sticking with the Cowboys (something I will never do outside of reporting news), DT Josh Brent has decided to retire. Brent had manslaughter charges after the death of teammate Jerry Brown in an auto accident with Brent driving under the influence. Brent has spent all of the past five seasons with the Cowboys.
5. The Seattle Seahawks have yet to put a $100 million contract offer in front of QB Russell Wilson in contract talks. So basically, the Seahawks aren’t even CLOSE to signing Wilson to an extension. Who knows, maybe things could be looking up for the Jags if they make the right move and the Hawks don’t?
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, have a pleasant tomorrow.