Sorry there was no post yesterday, it was quiet in the league but the Tennessee Titans have created a boom today:
1. The Titans have signed QB Marcus Mariota. Mariota was the second overall pick in the 2015 draft and officially became the last first-round pick to sign his rookie contract. The details of the contract have not been publicized.
2. The Minnesota Vikings have restructured the contract of RB Adrian Peterson. The contract is worth $44 million for 3 years. The deal is evidence that the two parties have decided to once again be friends after Peterson previously got mad at the Vikings for having his back as much as they could during his child abuse case.
3. St Louis Rams RB Todd Gurley is expected to be placed on the Non-Football Injury list by the start of training camp due to an ACL tear he suffered last season that he has yet to recover from. Gurley was the 10th overall pick in the 2015 draft.
4. The Buffalo Bills have cut OT Wayne Hunter. Hunter’s release comes after just a 3 week stint in Buffalo and rumor is that Hunter is going to retire. Hunter last played in 2012 with the St Louis Rams, the four seasons prior he spent with the New York Jets, a season before he was with the Jacksonville Jaguars, and the 3 seasons before he spent with the Seattle Seahawks.
5. The University of Alabama at Birmingham is bringing back its football team in 2017. The team was disbanded this offseason due to financial troubles, but with heavy fan support in response, the university has gathered enough money to bring the program back. The most notable NFL player from UAB is Atlanta Falcons WR Roddy White.
6. For those of you interested in football cards, I have officially bought my first packs of the 2015-16 season. Some of my notable pick-ups are: Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo Bills; Kelvin Benjamin, WR, Carolina Panthers; Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys; Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys; Von Miller, LB, Denver Broncos; DeMarcus Ware, DE, Denver Broncos; Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions; Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay Packers; Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers; Arian Foster, RB, Houston Texans; Frank Gore, RB, Indianapolis Colts; Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts; Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots; Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints; Ryan Mathews, RB, Philadelphia Eagles; Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks; Mike Evans, WR, Tampa Bay Buccaneers. My best rookie card is Denzel Perryman, LB, San Diego Chargers, who was drafted in the 2nd round with the 48th overall pick out of the University of Miami.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, have a pleasant tomorrow.