Today was a juicy one, so let’s get started:
1. The NFL has decided to uphold QB Tom Brady’s 4-game suspension following his appeal. The suspension was given as punishment for ‘Deflategate’, and is more than reasonable, so the league ABSOLUTELY got it right this time. Props to you Goodell, and SUCK IT you SPOILED PATRIOTS FANS!
2. The NFL has decided to reduce the suspension of RB Le’Veon Bell from 3 games to 2 games. Bell got in trouble for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, and while this likely wasn’t the right call by the NFL, it will result in more fantasy points for most of my fantasy teams! 🙂
3. The Atlanta Falcons worked out free agent OT Jake Long. Long spent the previous two seasons with the St Louis Rams (before being cut). and spent the five seasons prior with the Miami Dolphins. The addition of Long would be HUGE for an offensive line that couldn’t prevent QB Matt Ryan from getting hit many times last season.
4. The New Orleans Saints cut DT Brodrick Bunkley today. This comes shortly after the Saints’ release of LB Junior Galette, and proves once again that the Saints have no idea how to manage their cap space. Bunkley was with the Saints for three years, spent the year before with the Denver Broncos, and the five seasons prior to that with the Philadelphia Eagles.
5. DT Dontari Poe of the Kansas City Chiefs had surgery on a herniated disc. The surgery will result in him missing training camp and possibly the start of the season as well.
6. The St Louis Rams announced today that RB Todd Gurley will be on the active roster to start training camp. Gurley was the 10th overall pick in the 2015 NFL draft and is coming off of an ACL tear during his final season at the University of Georgia.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, have a pleasant tomorrow.