Starting a new week, I wish all of you a great one, and AWAYYYYY WE GO!
1. Starting with some typical Dez Bryant, the Dallas Cowboys WR got into a fight with teammate CB Tyler Patmon, and it wasn’t even during a play! www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000505964/article/dez-bryant-scuffles-with-cb-tyler-patmon I’m sure Cowboys fans are hoping this intensity continues into the regular season, and with Dez, it likely will. However, this was likely a one-time fight (as Dez will find somebody else to fight with) and should this duo go at it again, Patmon will certainly be the one in danger of heading out the door.
2. The Seattle Seahawks have reached an extension with LB Bobby Wagner. The deal is for four years and comes with $43 million with $22 million guaranteed. This is one of the two big re-signings for the ‘Hawks in this five day span, and the other is…
3. QB Russell Wilson signed a four-year extension with the Seattle Seahawks worth $87.6 million. The deal comes with a $31 million signing bonus and $61.53 million guaranteed. With this signing and the Wagner signing, the ‘Hawks keep their key Super Bowl caliber players…for now. Unfortunately, to save money for the big deals meant…
4. DT Tony McDaniel was cut by the Seattle Seahawks. McDaniel spent the last two seasons with the ‘Hawks, the previous four seasons with the Miami Dolphins, and the three seasons prior with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
5. CB Brandon Boykin has been traded from the Philadelphia Eagles to the rival Pittsburgh Steelers. In return, the Eagles receive a conditional fifth-round pick in 2016. Boykin has been with the Eagles for the past three seasons.
6. DE Michael Johnson of the Cincinnati Bengals was carted off the field during Bengals camp today. Johnson suffered a MCL strain and, according to head coach Marvin Lewis, he “should be OK”.
7. DE Billy Winn of the Cleveland Browns was carted off the field at Browns camp yesterday. Winn was diagnosed with an ankle sprain. Winn is also a Boise State University grad, so I really hope he will be good to start come the regular season.
8. The New York Jets had a rough weekend. DE Sheldon Richardson got in more trouble by being charged with resisting arrest while speeding (which could mean a longer suspension for him). DE Muhammad Wilkerson tweaked his hamstring at Jets camp (he will likely be OK but the Jets are without their two best d-linemen). WR Devin Smith suffered broken ribs on Friday and will miss 4-6 weeks (which could include part of the regular season). Smith was the Jets’ second-round pick in the 2015 NFL draft.
9. BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!: The Buffalo Bills have suspended o-line coach Aaron Kromer for the first six games of the 2015 NFL season. The suspension is a result of Kromer’s arrest for assault and battery last month.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, have a pleasant tomorrow.