With Monday in the books, let’s hit the books (the internet in today’s day and age)(‘books’ is pronounced like ‘looks’ except with the ‘b’ sound instead of the ‘l’ sound: here is an example of correct pronunciation:
: AMERICA!) and review this day:
1. The Baltimore Ravens received bad news today when S Matt Elam was diagnosed with a season-ending biceps tear. The good news is, they probably won’t lose a step in the division because the Pittsburgh Steelers lost most of their secondary this offseason too.
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Lovie Smith officially named RB Doug Martin starter for the upcoming season. Martin was a beast in his rookie year out of THE Boise State University, but has been silenced by injuries and ineffectivity ever since. This is a contract year for Martin and I expect he will treat it as such (which is why I have him ranked well in my fantasy football player rankings). This means Doug will have every chance to re-rail his long de-railed career.
3. Washington Redskins WR DeSean Jackson decided to overrate himself even more today by claiming that New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis and Seattle Seahawks CB Richard Sherman can’t cover him. Simply put: that’s a lie, and…moving on.
4. The Detroit Lions placed DT Haloti Ngata on the Non-Football Injury list today with an injured hamstring. Ngata was brought in by the Lions to replace DT Ndamukong Suh, but that plan will now have to wait.
5. New York Giants RB Andre Williams said that the Giants will be going to the Super Bowl this season. As much as I would love to see that come true, Williams (or another Giants RB) will have to figure out how to run the ball effectively if the team is going to make Super Bowl L.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, have a pleasant tomorrow.