This is why I love football: http://www.nfl.com/videos/seattle-seahawks/0ap3000000506780/Deadliest-Catch-crew-devastated-by-Super-Bowl Even the guys who work in some of the most dangerous conditions in the world love the game. And they asked the exact same question that everyone else on the planet asked: Why did they throw it? Here’s the news:
- WR Michael Floyd of the Arizona Cardinals broke 3 fingers on his left hand today. This likely won’t hurt the Cards too much because they still have Larry Fitzgerald, John Brown and Jaron Brown (the guy who made the one-handed catch in the video in my post yesterday). Floyd is expected to miss 6 weeks with the injury.
- Houston Texans RB Arian Foster is scheduled for groin surgery Friday. In the Texans’ quest for a temporary replacement for Foster, Free Agent RB Pierre Thomas left Houston without a contract after working out for the team. The team may still workout Free Agent RB Chris Johnson, but it is likely that this officially puts RB Alfred Blue atop the Texans’ RB depth chart.
- The Detroit Lions and LB DeAndre Levy have agreed to a 4-year contract extension. Now, Lions fans can rest easy knowing that their defense will continue to lean on Levy as the new defensive leader in place of DT Ndamukong Suh.
- The Seattle Seahawks received fantastic news today when it was announced that S Earl Thomas passed his physical, re-activating himself from the physically unable to perform list. The question now: will the still-recovering Thomas, or the contract-seeking S Kam Chancellor return to team practices first?
- Bad news for the Buffalo Bills. The QB battle between Matt Cassel, Tyrod Taylor, and EJ Manuel is going HORRIBLY! EVERY report I’ve read about the Bills has had bad news about the QBs’ progress, and the guys they have certainly won’t get any better. The only hope for the Bills is that they get the #1 pick in the 2016 NFL draft so they get the pick of the litter of QBs. Bills fans, buckle up because it will be a rough season.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, have a pleasant tomorrow.