I’m back and ready to go:
- Green Bay Packers WR Jordy Nelson tore his ACL and is out for the season. Although he is the #1 in Green Bay, the Packers also have Randall Cobb (who is definitely a serviceable #1 WR, and a great young player in Davante Adams who should fill in nicely as well. Plus, the Packers have QB Aaron Rodgers, so it doesn’t really matter who the receivers are. This injury does impact a lot of my fantasy teams because I usually went with Nelson as my #1.
- Carolina Panthers WR Kelvin Benjamin tore his ACL and is out for the season. This injury will SIGNIFICANTLY impact the Panthers because their next in line is rookie WR Devin Funchess, who, in my opinion, is not ready to be a #1 WR. The Panthers could look to free agent WRs Wes Welker or Reggie Wayne as possible fill-ins.
- C Maurkice Pouncey of the Pittsburgh Steelers broke a bone in his ankle and will likely undergo surgery. The injury will hurt the Steelers’ o-line big time and will keep Pouncey out for a lot of the season.
- Free Agent WR Reggie Wayne visited the New England Patriots today for a physical. Wayne, if signed, will likely be the #2 WR for the Pats, behind Julian Edelman.
- Stupid Play of the Day: San Francisco 49ers WR Quitton Patton Runs Wrong Way
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, it’s good to be back, and have a pleasant tomorrow.