Sorry I missed yesterday, I was busy with other work. But, I will not go on another streak of no blogging for a while, so I’m right back to review TWO days:
- In preseason action today: New England Patriots 17 @ Carolina Panthers 16; Detroit Lions 22 @ Jacksonville Jaguars 17; Tennessee Titans 10 @ Kansas City Chiefs 34.
- S Stevie Brown has been released by the Houston Texans. Brown signed with the Texans this offseason following 3 seasons with the New York Giants (he was injured all of 2013), the season prior to that he was with the Indianapolis Colts, and before that he spent a year with the Oakland Raiders.
- Pittsburgh Steelers WR Martavis Bryant is set to serve a 4 game suspension to start the season due to a violation of the league’s Substances of Abuse Policy. Bryant’s projected breakout season will have to wait, along with the fully dynamic offense of the Steelers because they will be without RB Le’Veon Bell for the first two games of the season as well.
- I would like to SINCERELY apologize for my criticism of the New York Giants. The morning after I posted that the Giants didn’t give DE Osi UmeNYiora a one-day retirement contract, they gave him exactly that. They are the family organization they claim to be, I just jumped the gun because I’m not as busy as the franchise is.
- Here’s a feel-good video for the day: TE Scott Chandler’s Children Celebrate Their Dad’s TD
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, have a pleasant weekend and tomorrow.