Welcome back to another day of TheHaysWay. We have much to talk about today, so let’s get into it:
- Today in Madden Ultimate Team, I pulled an elite Eddie Lacy out of a Pro Pack. This is my mind change because that is definitely A Great Disturbance in the Force. Breaking: The Green Bay Packers will beat the Washington Redskins on Sunday night in Washington. My change of opinion on this game means I am now predicting all of the Wild Card teams to advance to the Divisional Round.
- QB Peyton Manning has been announced as the starter for the Denver Broncos in their playoff matchup in the divisional round. Also, Peyton hasn’t said for sure if he will retire at season’s end. If he wins the Super Bowl this season and doesn’t retire, I will lose every last ounce of respect I currently have for him. If he falls short, I wouldn’t be shocked to see him come back.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fired head coach Lovie Smith. I was a little disappointed in the Bucs following this move until I heard the move was an attempt to keep offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter in Tampa, who is the front runner for the head coaching vacancy. Being that Koetter was a member of the Boise State coaching staff, I’m very pleased for him, but I hope he will leave Tampa anyway to come coach my New York Giants! Congrats Dirk, you earned it!
- The Indianapolis Colts hired Baltimore Ravens LB coach Ted Monachino to be their new defensive coordinator.
- Some people say that the Minnesota Vikings will beat the Seattle Seahawks in their matchup this weekend because the high in the game is supposed to be 1 degree. In fact, the Seattle Seahawks will still win because QB Russell Wilson played at the University of Wisconsin, and the team took part in the first cold weather Super Bowl. So the game-time temperature means nothing to me, nor to my pick.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, don’t forget to leave a comment below and have a pleasant tomorrow.