So, I’ve decided to try something a little bit crazy for a sports blog, and it may just be (WARNING: the following scene is from Captain America: Civil War. It doesn’t contain any huge plot spoilers, but I just wanted to let you all know because the movie hasn’t even been out for a week yet. I’m not one of those ridiculous people who spoils any parts of movies without a warning.) a little bit awesome, but I’ll let you guys be the judge of that. Starting today, I’m going to lead into the NFL news with a quote. This quote may come from me, an NFL player, or just about anybody and it may be inspirational, comedic, or totally random. The first one EVER that is also acting as a trial is…(drumroll please)…
“Every good song has a beat.” -Anonymous (JK, I’m not going to lie, this is mine. Of course I’m starting out with my own!)
And now for the news:
- The Detroit Lions have traded a conditional seventh-round pick to the New England Patriots in exchange for LB Jon Bostic. Less than eight months ago, the Patriots pulled a similar move to acquire him from the Chicago Bears, where Bostic had been since being drafted in 2013. With many years of mediocrity, you can’t blame the Lions for trying. Interestingly enough, Bostic has been quite mediocre as well.
- Philadelphia Eagles QB Sam Bradford returned to the Eagles’ facilities today following his holdout for a trade in response to the Eagles’ trade up in the draft to select QB Carson Wentz. Bradford is behind Wentz and QB Chase Daniel in picking up new head coach Doug Pederson’s offense, however, he is still expected to be the starter week one. I personally wouldn’t be shocked to see any of these three QBs starting week one.
- Miami Dolphins QB Ryan Tannehill has been receiving tutoring from Nationwide representative Peyton Manning. It’s safe to assume that Manning is on Tannehill’s side. Also, we could be seeing Tannehill in Nationwide commercials soon, or we could see his abilities drastically descrease, causing him to rely solely on his defense to win him a Super Bowl. Granted, Tannehill hasn’t shown tons of ability in the NFL yet anyway. All jokes aside, good for Tannehill for attempting to rise above mediocrity. The Dolphins could be going places soon.
- In a truly heartwarming story, Green Bay Packers QB Aaron Rodgers attended the college graduation of WR Randall Cobb, wait…really?…Rodgers’ attendance is the headline?…Cobb just graduated college! He just opened up his future following football and Rodgers gets the spotlight!? Sometimes I REALLY dislike the media (yes, that’s coming from THE MEDIA!) Anyway, congratulations to you Randall Cobb, a very smart move on your part to get your degree, though, I imagine, you’ll be playing football for a while.
- The New Orleans Saints have signed the 12th overall pick, Sheldon Rankins, to a rookie deal. 20 of the 31 first-round picks are still unsigned, including 8 of the top 10.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, make sure you leave a comment about your opinion on the new quote idea, and leave some suggestions for quotes too! Have a pleasant tomorrow.