You may have seen the daily quote already, and if not, here’s the news anyway:
- Los Angeles Rams QB Jared Goff signed his rookie contract with the team today. The deal is over four-years and is worth $27.9 million with a $18.6 million signing bonus. So the 1st overall pick is now officially ready (more or less, hopefully for Rams fans) to start for the Rams.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers dismissed TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins from team practice today. ASJ has missed most of his first two seasons with injuries. Today, he was dismissed for not knowing what he was doing. I was disappointed to hear this because ASJ started last season strong as one of the top TE fantasy performers through the weeks prior to his injury. However, ASJ is a University of Washington grad, so he was doomed to fail (a la QB Jake Locker and RB Bishop Sankey). Can you tell I despise UW? They stole Coach Pete from Boise State! Don’t get me wrong, Coach Harsin is FANTASTIC, but Coach Pete was THE face of Boise and even all of Idaho!
- Goff wasn’t the only first-round QB to sign his rookie contract today. Denver Broncos 26th overall pick, QB Paxton Lynch, also signed his deal. The deal is also for four years, but is worth a measly $9.476 million in comparison to Goff’s $27.9 million. Yep, that’s the difference in salary between 25 picks. Can you imagine how much Mr. Irrelevant makes? Still way more than I will make per year. This is why I hate the media, I’m laughing about Lynch’s low salary and it is still WAY MORE than I can HOPE for my annual salary to be! The signing bonus is $5.09 million.
- Injuries: A. New Orleans Saints DE Hau’oli Kikaha tore his ACL in practice today. This is crappy news for a very talented young player who burst onto the scene last season in an otherwise crappy defense. How will the lowly Saints defense respond? Can they actually get WORSE?! B. New England Patriots TE Michael Williams tore his ACL in practice today. Unlike Kikaha’s injury, this one really doesn’t affect the team at all, especially because the Patriots have TEs Rob Gronkowski AND Martellus Bennett. Sorry, Williams.
- The Buffalo Bills have resigned RB Dan Herron. You can expect to see him sitting comfortably on the bench while the real RBs on the team (LeSean McCoy and Karlos Williams) do their jobs (assuming McCoy isn’t suspended).
This is Part 2 of today’s Daily Update. If you want to see the daily quote, make sure to read Daily Quote: June 9, 2016. Also, this is a one-time trial of splitting the daily quote and the daily news. UNLESS: You readers drop likes on the two posts today. If I get five likes between the two posts, I will continue to separate the two subjects. So, you can probably expect to see the same format tomorrow. That’s all for TheHaysWay today, make sure to leave a comment with your thoughts on the daily news. Have a pleasant tomorrow.