“At the end of the day, there are people out there that want to see you fail.” -Victor Cruz, WR, New York Giants
This quote is a bit of a downer. Unfortunately, he is right. There is always at least one person routing against us with everything that we do. Sometimes, that person is ourselves. I actually believe it is a good thing to have people routing against us. For me personally, I strive to succeed even more when I have someone to prove wrong. At the end of the day, the odds won’t always be in your favor. If you really want to do something, you can do whatever it takes to overcome the odds and prove the doubters wrong. You can do whatever you want to do and never let anybody tell you otherwise. So that’s my inspirational take on the surface-level-downer quote. Now to the news:
- NEW YORK GIANTS WR VICTOR CRUZ RAN ROUTES AT PRACTICE TODAY!!! IF YOU CAN’T TELL, I’M PSYCHED! Cruz missed all of last season and most of the season before with a gruesome leg injury. I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HIM BACK ON THE FIELD!
- The Baltimore Ravens are attempting to trade away OT Eugene Monroe. The team drafted OT Ronnie Stanley in the first round of this year’s NFL draft, and he has impressed them enough that they are willing to hand him the left tackle job. I don’t totally agree with the Ravens decision because I’m having flashbacks to the 1st and 2nd overall picks from a couple of seasons ago (Eric Fisher and Luke Joeckel), who have not performed too well. Teams need to be cautious with the top protectors of their QBs. That said, the Ravens should get a good return for Monroe because he is a solid player at a valuable position.
- Speaking of this year’s first round picks, do you remember how the Denver Broncos traded up for QB Paxton Lynch? Well, Lynch has proven to be the 3rd best QB on the Broncos roster, while QBs Mark Sanchez and Trevor Siemian have been vying for the number one spot on the depth chart. So the Broncos traded up for a QB who is currently worse than Mr. Butt Fumble and last year’s seventh round pick. Oops.
- Staying in Denver, Denver Broncos LB Brandon Marshall signed a four-year extension with the team today. The contract is worth $32 million, with $20 million guaranteed, and a $10 million signing bonus. Honestly, I think Marshall gave Denver a hometown discount. I think he deserves $10 million per year as a top-5 MLB in the league today.
- Dallas Cowboys RB Darren McFadden injured his elbow in a home accident. The elbow requires surgery, which will keep him out for a couple of months. What does this mean? Almost nothing. 4th overall pick RB Ezekiel Elliott would have won the starting job even over a healthy McFadden.
- San Diego Chargers DE Joey Bosa skipped minicamp over his contract. That is an idiotic move. Rookies NEED to be there for their teams. You haven’t done anything for your team yet, Bosa, so you’re only hurting your relationship with the organization and destroying any leverage you have.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, make sure to leave a comment on the daily quote and/or the daily news, and smash the like button to make me even happier than I already am. 🙂 Have a pleasant tomorrow.