I’d like to begin with the continuation of my thoughts on the new Madden NFL 17:
- As for the soundtrack, after the second day, I have found a couple of songs that I enjoy. That usually happens. I warm up to the soundtrack after playing for a while.
- As for in-game skills, I mentioned the importance of agility in this year’s game. Today proved that once again. I got frustrated with slow cuts from my TEs multiple times today.
- As for my team, it continues to improve. I’m up to a 78 overall with my best lineup (I was a 76 overall at the end of yesterday). By the way, the only money I’ve spent this year was on the game disc. I don’t spend money to buy packs in MUT, except for the Breast Cancer Awareness packs during October because some of the proceeds go toward research for the cure. So, my team has been improved through my completion of solo challenges. The packs that I’ve earned from those have been HORRIBLE. I’ve opened 10 pro packs this season, and still not one elite player.
- Also, I just wanted to say, I REALLY wish the New York Giants were as good in real life as they are in the game. It always surprises me when the Giants give my a team a run for its money. Of course, they tend to do that in real life, too. But, much like in real life, the Giants always come up short in Madden. Still, the Giants always seem to be the hardest team to play against in Madden.
- By the way, my in-game play has been on point this season. Through two days, I have yet to lose a game. I also have 7 user INTs (2 were pick-sixes) (meaning I followed the receiver from the very beginning of the play to get the INT. Overall, I have a LOT more than 7 INTs.), 1 fumble recovery for a TD, 2 forced safties, 3 kick returns for TDs, and 1 punt return for a TD. Oh, and there was this catch:
Moving on to some NFL news:
- Relations between 3rd overall pick DE Joey Bosa, and the San Diego Chargers are actually managing to get worse. So bad, in fact, that the team released a statement about the contract today. Apparently, the Chargers offered the maximum contract they were willing to offer today, and Bosa rejected it. This latest development means that the DE likely won’t play in all 16 games this season, if he plays in any at all. Chargers executive John Spanos said the following about the Bosa situation: “It’s absolutely asinine.” I agree. There is actually speculation from NFL Network analysts that Bosa might never be a Charger. Remember how I said that a month ago? Maybe NFL Network should hire me. 🙂 Anyway, the rumor is that Bosa may enter the 2017 NFL Draft if he continues to reject the Chargers. WOW. I think Bosa is my least favorite football player of all-time. A lot of people would kill to be an NFL player, let alone be the 3rd overall pick. He needs to get over his greed and realize how lucky he is to be where he is right now.
- The New England Patriots traded C Bryan Stork to the Washington Redskins. Stork was losing the Patriots starting job to David Andrews, and reportedly had a serious attitude problem. The good news is, he should be good friends with Redskins CB Josh Norman. 🙂
- The New England Patriots released veteran WR Nate Washington. Washington was buried on the depth chart behind Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, and Chris Hogan. This could be the end of Washington’s career, as he has been in the league for some time.
- Good news New England Patriots fans, TE Rob Gronkowski has returned to Patriots practice after suffering a minor injury last Monday. Ironic, isn’t it, that with Gronk being all over the place (commercials, TV shows, cruises, etc), the one place where he was not, was the place that got him all over the place.
“Make every day a new best day ever.” -TheHaysWay
I live by that philosophy. I live every day like it’s my last because I want every day to be better than the previous day. I will admit, it can get difficult. There are multiple things that go into this philosophy. First of all, you have to say it aloud. If you say it aloud, you are more likely to believe it. Believing it is the most important part. Even if you just pretend like you believe it, it helps. Second of all, surround yourself with people and things that make you happy. This part is ALMOST as important as believing it. Especially with regard to people. I can say definitively that having people who make me happy around me is VERY important. When I am arguing with the people that are important to me, it makes it a LOT harder to stay positive and happy. It can still be done (I’ve done it), but it’s MUCH more difficult. When you do argue with important people in your life, try to forgive and forget as quickly as possible. If the other person won’t forgive and/or forget, then that person doesn’t deserve to be important to you, because they are not interested in sharing positivity and happiness. Things are important as well. They are far less important than people, but they certainly help. In my life, for example, the release of the new Madden significantly lifted my spirits. The past two days have DEFINITELY been two of the best days I’ve had this year. Third of all, just do it. If you have the previous two ingredients, everything should fall into place. Happiness doesn’t have to be hard to attain. Just don’t overthink it. The small things often result in being happier, and therefore, healthier. Plus, if you live every day like it’s your new best day ever, not only will you feel better, but you will lift all of the people around you. I’ve found that when I am happy and positive, my friends are also more happy and positive because we feed off of each other. My best friend actually inspired me to create this philosophy because he is one of the happiest, and most positive people I know. That’s why we are such amazing friends. But don’t just take my word for it, try it! You will feel so much better mentally, physically, and emotionally. It’s a great feeling.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, make sure to leave a comment on the Madden news and/or the daily NFL news and/or the daily quote and/or whatever is on your mind, along with a much-appreciated like (Thumbs up for the first full-length post in over a week!). If you like what you read and you are not yet a follower, please become a follower because that helps my day become my new best day ever! Have a pleasant tomorrow.