As I begin writing this, I don’t know where I want to start in terms of topic. Well, I’ve started putting together a playlist of my favorite songs of all-time, which were featured in Madden games. I’ve found this to be a little distracting while I’m playing because I listen to the music instead of the broadcast. Mistakes were made while I was jamming to some of my tunes. In fact, in one game (against the Lions) I went off-controller to fix my music playlist for ONE PLAY, and the Lions scored an 80-yard TD on that play. Don’t trust the CPU players to win for your team. THEY SUCK! Anyway, I made a comeback after that to remain undefeated in Madden NFL 17, but it was still highly frustrating. Also, another great catch, this one courtesy of WR Cody Latimer:
Now on to NFL Game Results:
- Atlanta Falcons 6 @ Miami Dolphins 17- Both starting QBs (Matt Ryan ATL and Ryan Tannehill MIA) threw INTs. The important RBs (Devonta Freeman ATL, Jay Ajayi MIA, and Arian Foster MIA) failed to stand out, as Foster was the only one of those three to score a TD, and he also led in YPC with 2. There were no receiving TDs, but Atlanta’s WR Aldrick Robinson (3 rec, 70 yds) continued to impress, along with Miami’s star receiver, Jarvis Landry (4 rec, 40 yds). The two star defensive backs (CB Desmond Trufant ATL and S Rashad Jones MIA) both had an interception. Miami’s defense had two forced fumbles, one from DB Shamiel Gary (who had a great game: 5 TAC, 2 ATAC with the FF), and the other from S Michael Thomas (also had 1 TAC). Overall, the defenses showed off in this game. Atlanta’s defense seems slightly improved from a year ago (not that it could’ve gotten worse), and Miami’s defense doesn’t seem to have skipped a beat (2 SAC), despite losing DEs Olivier Vernon and Derrick Shelby during the offseason.
- Dallas Cowboys 10 @ Seattle Seahawks 27 (In Progress)- Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo left in the first quater and was holding his back. There is no official word on the severity of the injury, yet. The good news for the ‘Boys is that QB Dak Prescott (17-23, 116 yds, 1 TD) continues to impress. Seattle Seahawks QB Russell Wilson (16-21, 192 yds, 2 TDs) also impressed, though, that’s no surprise. Both starting RBs (Ezekiel Elliott DAL (7 car, 48 yds) and Christine Michael SEA (because Thomas Rawls didn’t play: 7 car, 58 yds)) were fairly impressive. Top receiver in the game is WR Tyler Lockett (3 rec, 41 yds, 1 TD).
Now for some NFL general news:
- The New England Patriots continued their offseason trading spree. Today, they dealt a 5th round pick to the Cleveland Browns, in exchange for former-1st round pick, LB Barkevious Mingo. Interesting acquisition. This definitely seems like a Bill Belichick move. Mingo has loads of potential, he just hasn’t lived up to it yet. Belichick has a way of getting that potential out of his players.
- Former Cleveland Browns S Donte Whitner is visiting the Carolina Panthers. My advice: Carolina, SIGN HIM! I actually forgot that Whitner is still a free agent. He’s getting a little old, but I still believe that he is a very capable safety, and Carolina could definitely use the help in their secondary.
- The Detroit Lions released RB Stevan Ridley. Ridley was once a promising young RB for the Patriots, but sustained an ACL tear in 2014, which has quickly derailed his career. This could be the end of said career, after Ridley failed to stick with the New York Jets and Detroit Lions, both of which, have been in serious need of RBs during the last couple of seasons.
- Three huge injuries occurred this evening in preseason play. Dallas Cowboys QB Tony Romo left the ‘Boys game against the Seattle Seahawks after sustaining a back injury. The injury is not thought to be serious, though Romo didn’t return to the game. Miami Dolphins DT Ndamukong Suh suffered an ankle injury early in the ‘Fins game against the Atlanta Falcons, and he did not return. The severity of the injury is unknown at this point. Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones also got an ankle injury in the Falcons-Dolphins matchup, and didn’t return. The injury doesn’t appear to be serious.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, make sure to leave a comment on the game results and/or the daily news and/or whatever is on your mind, along with a much-appreciated like. If you like what you read and you aren’t a follower, please become one because that makes me happy. 🙂 Have a pleasant tomorrow.