So, this is sort of an update/news article. I want to apologize for the lack of posting over the past couple of days. I have been busy moving, and that will continue throughout this week, as it’s orientation week. I don’t know how much time I will have to post, nor when I will have it. So, this will be an inconsistent week. Here’s some NFL news:
- QB Sam Bradford was traded from the Philadelphia Eagles to the Minnesota Vikings. GREAT trade for all parties involved. For the Eagles, they now have no excuse not to play rookie QB Carson Wentz (when he returns from injury), which means he will get the game experience that NFL QBs need to have in order to learn. Prior to Wentz’s return from injury, QB Chase Daniel will start, so he will have a chance to prove that he deserves a starting role in the NFL. For the Minnesota Vikings, they now have a capable replacement for injured QB Teddy Bridgewater. This could, very well, save their season, and allow them to make the playoffs again. Finally, for Sam Bradford, he gets one last chance to prove that he deserves to start, in a situation that might be more favorable to him (because he will be with a team that can win). To recap, it’s a win for both teams, and all three QBs. Also, the Eagles receive a 2017 1st round pick, as well as a 2018 4th round pick.
(Skip a few)…Woah! It’s September 7 now! Really busy week with orientation at DU. BUT, I wanted to get my Super Bowl prediction out there before the season starts tomorrow. Unfortunately, I never got that feeling this year, so these are my best educated guesses. Quick note, I’m leaving the Vikings in the playoffs from my original season win projections to make life easier, but I’m dropping them to the 6 seed. All teams that WERE below the Vikings in my original seeding are being promoted by 1 seed place:
- New York Jets (12-4)
- San Diego Chargers (11-5)
- Houston Texans (11-5)
- Baltimore Ravens (10-6)
- New England Patriots (12-4)
- Oakland Raiders (11-5)
- Seattle Seahawks (13-3)
- Green Bay Packers (12-4)
- Washington Redskins (11-5)
- Atlanta Falcons (7-9)
- Arizona Cardinals (12-4)
- Minnesota Vikings (TBD)
(6) Oakland Raiders @ (3) Houston Texans- (Houston Texans)
(5) New England Patriots @ (4) Baltimore Ravens- (New England Patriots)
(6) Minnesota Vikings @ (3) Washington Redskins- (Washington Redskins)
(5) Arizona Cardinals @ (4) Atlanta Falcons- (Arizona Cardinals)
(3) Houston Texans @ (2) San Diego Chargers- (Houston Texans)
(5) New England Patriots @ (1) New York Jets- (New England Patriots)
(3) Washington Redskins @ (2) Green Bay Packers- (Green Bay Packers)
(5) Arizona Cardinals @ (1) Seattle Seahawks- (Arizona Cardinals)
(5) New England Patriots @ (3) Houston Texans- (New England Patriots)
(5) Arizona Cardinals @ (2) Green Bay Packers- (Green Bay Packers)
(5) New England Patriots @ (2) Green Bay Packers- (Green Bay Packers)- This is a tough one. I REALLY would love to see this matchup. You have one of the best of all-time in Patriots QB Tom Brady, taking on the best right now in Packers QB Aaron Rodgers. Both teams have a power RB (Patriots LaGarrette Blount and Packers Eddie Lacy). Both teams have a small-school WR (Patriots Julian Edelman (Kent State) and Packers Jordy Nelson (Kansas State)), that is to say, neither came from a dominant college football program, as they are two of the best to ever come out of their respective universities. Of course, both teams have solid, complimentary defenses, which play well enough to get their teams to the playoffs consistently. Also, the Patriots are the most historic franchise of the past decade, and the Packers are the most historic franchise of all-time. All-in-all, I see this being a TERRIFIC matchup. I have the Packers winning it because I think it’s finally their time, yet again. They have struggled to make the leap for several years now, and I get the feeling that Rodgers is over it. Also, Brady can only win so many Super Bowls, right? RIGHT?!
I just wanted to say aloud how utterly terrified I am right now. Starting university that’s around 800 miles from home is crazy! I know that I’m legally an adult, but I still don’t feel like it. I’ve spent such a long time holding on to my childhood because it is a simpler way of life. I still don’t feel like I’m ready to make the leap, but it looks like I’m going to have to grow up fast, because I’m officially on my own now. Remember when I was talking about time? Well, I have now gone through all of my goodbyes. I said goodbye to my sister on Saturday, and I said goodbye to my parents today. And so, my two and a half months begin. Again, I am TERRIFIED. It’s already proven to be tough to lose my entire support system. Now, I need to build a new one here in my new situation. I know I can do this, I just need to dig deep and discover my courage. These confessions might come fairly often in my blogs to come. It helps me to talk through the chaos that is going on in my head. If you guys would like to comment, please do. I would appreciate any and all words of inspiration that you guys have for me. I know I usually give words of inspiration to you, but it is a two-way street. I love to hear from you guys as much as you love to hear from me.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, make sure to leave a comment on the daily news and/or on my playoff predictions and/or on my confessional and/or on whatever is on your mind, along with a much-appreciate like. If you like what you read and you are not yet a follower, please become a follower to show me some love and encourage me to believe in myself. Have a pleasant tomorrow.