“If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.” -Jesse Jackson, Activist
I chose this quote because I just watched the Carolina Panthers @ Denver Broncos game. I’ll talk about that more in depth in a little bit. Anyway, I wanted to bring up my level of inspiration for you guys, following my down day yesterday. Today was day 3 for me at DU, and it was a fantastic day. Once you actually start to hang out with many other people, you realize what a special community college is. I registered for classes today, and my schedule is quite favorable. Anyway, the point is that I fell behind in personal inspiration, so I ran faster (hopefully, that will be literal soon because my exercise routine has gone through the window since I arrived on campus). I encourage you to do the same. If there is one thing I’ve learned in the very short time that I’ve been on campus, it’s that you should never count yourself out. It doesn’t matter how far you fall, you can always and WILL always, pick yourself up. That said, allow me to go more in-depth on my main inspiration for choosing this quote, with some NFL news:
- I sincerely hope that you ALL had the privilege of watching the Carolina Panthers @ Denver Broncos game. I watched it with many other DU students, and we were all yelling at the end of the game. If I had to use one word to describe it: WOW. The Broncos won, 21-20. With 9 seconds left on the clock, Carolina Panthers K Graham Gano lined up for a 50-yard field goal attempt to win the game. Before the snap, the Broncos called a timeout. Gano still completed the kick and made the meaningless, warm-up, 50-yard field goal. So, following the timeout and with a successful practice kick under his belt, Gano lined up for a 50-yard field goal attempt to win the game, with 9 seconds on the clock. WIDE LEFT. I, along with the other 25-ish DU students who had gathered around the TV, started screaming in joy and disbelief. Of course, being in Denver, my fellow students were all cheering for the Broncos, as was I. The quote came in because the Broncos were trailing, 7-17, at the beginning of the 4th quarter. But, through running faster, the Broncos never gave up, and rose up against the odds. I couldn’t imagine a much better start to the 2016 NFL Regular Season.
- Although he lost (again), Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton set 2 NFL records during his team’s game against the Denver Broncos. He is now the all-time leading TD-rusher among QBs (44), and he also now has the most games with both a passing and rushing TD. Congrats Cam!
- In more Carolina Panthers QB Cam Newton news, Cam was spotted flossing on the sidelines during his team’s game against the Denver Broncos. Yeah, FLOSSING. ?
- The Denver Broncos backfield was very interesting during their game against the Carolina Panthers. RB CJ Anderson had more than 100 total yards. Rookie RB Devontae Booker fumbled the ball away on his first NFL carry. Rookie FB Andy Janovich scored a 28-yard TD on his first NFL carry. Just another day at the NFL office.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers have extended the contract of OG David DeCastro. He is now signed through the next 6 years, for $58.07 million. Great resigning. DeCastro is the best player on the Steelers o-line (because C Maurkice Pouncey can’t stay healthy).
I wanted to thank all of you for the wonderful support that you showed me yesterday. I asked for words of inspiration, and I received them. You guys are all wonderful. Remember that I write this blog for you, not just because I want to make you all happy, but because I want you guys to make me happy, too. So, again, thank you.
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, make sure to leave a comment on the daily quote and/or on the daily news and/or on whatever is on your mind, along with a much-appreciated like. If you like what you read and you are not yet a follower, become a follower to prove that you can rise up from falling behind on keeping up with my posts. 🙂 Have a pleasant tomorrow.