So, three Michigan State football players had warrants issued for their arrests in a sexual assault case dating back to January. After the law enforcement officials announced that, the players were dismissed from the football team. Of course, that is deservedly so, but I have one question: Why did it take so long? The school had been conducting its own investigation for a while, but the team made no action prior to the actual law enforcement concluding their investigation. I just want to be a broken record on this issue because I need to be. That sort of behavior is ENTIRELY unacceptable, and college football teams need to stop giving their players breaks on those actions. If it were up to me, Baylor University would no longer have a college football team due to all of the sexual assault issues they’ve had. Now, I understand that very rarely, women will make claims that are NOT true just to get attention. So, there needs to be a short period of time for the players to prove their innocence before being dismissed from the team. But, if an investigation about that behavior goes on for five months?! The players should not be allowed to remain on the team for that long, even in a suspended state. It’s time that the NCAA start holding these schools and teams accountable in some way. They can’t just take away recruiting benefits or bowl games, they need to start suspending entire football programs. I’m talking Michigan State college football should not exist for the 2017-18 season AT LEAST. And I mean what I said about Baylor: they should no longer have a college football team. At least for a decade. It’s time that entire universities start feeling the pain of allowing that behavior to happen. What better way to punish the universities than to take a significant amount of their income away?
I don’t even know that I want to say much on this quote. This is mostly just here for thought because it is truly remarkable. The funniest thing about that quote is that most people who read it probably think, “But, adults’ arguments are based on logic!” Are they really though? I would bet that 95% of adult arguments (AT LEAST) are not based on logic. Humans by nature are very emotionally driven in everything. 75% of what you believe is just that: what you believe. There is no logic to it AT ALL. The other 25% has a fraction of logic in it. In the words of Thor (portrayed by Chris Hemsworth), “You people are so petty, and tiny.” Ironically, those words ring a little hollow knowing that Chris Hemsworth recently complained about his exclusion from Captain America: Civil War and his seemingly limited role in the upcoming Avengers: Infinity War.
*Side Note: When I Googled “logic” to link to the word, all of the top results were about the rapper named “Logic”. That’s how unimportant REAL logic is to the majority of society.*
That’s all for TheHaysWay today, make sure to leave a comment on college football program punishments and/or on petty bickering and/or on anything that’s on your mind, along with a much-appreciated like. If you are not yet a follower, just become a follower because there is no reason to bicker about it. 🙂 Have a pleasant tomorrow.